Saturday, June 9, 2012

WEEK 6 REPORT

Week 6 Report 
(3-9 June 2012) 

Mr Logic, Chess Ninja, hinted on one blog about inspiring OZ chess players in search for GM title…make me notice…hey, I am yet to have Blogs I Followed here. So here it goes…few blogs that I followed. Yes, Ninja…a good blog there with lots of stories and games and humour too! Thanks mate.

Hairulov and John Wong gave their opinion about My System and Modern Chess Strategy which I generally find it useful. Thanks, Bro for the comments. OK, as at now I will not touch Modern Chess Strategy…I will only buy/read it after I have finished My System…and here lies the problem…so far I only finished a chapter of the book. I found reading and studying chess from netbook is not as smooth/effective as from a real book…hmm, maybe I should print it…there goes Ilham the Green Peace guy.

Played few blitz games (ok, LOTS of games actually) at chesscube and was surprised to win many games positionally and suddenly my rating is like 2100, I know I am improving (perasan)... but this fast? Just when I thought should my rating cross 2200, I will call Gilachess and demanded my name to be included on the Olympiad poll…I lost few games and my rating drop to 1900.

TAL Memorial! Time is perfect! Players are perfect! Games are perfect! (so far) even the draw lot ceremony is also perfect…I am rooting for Naka or Moro to win this tournament. Used to support Carlsen but after his boycott of World Chess Champion under reason that I no longer remember …no longer his fan.

Week 6 Report 
Opening 
Identified few lazy openings to study further…:)

Middlegame 
Chess Fundementals (Chapter 4: General Theory and Chapter 5: Opening)

Chess Strategy for Club Players (Chapter 5: Weakened king position)

Understanding Chess (Game 1: Chernin vs Van Der Wiel, Game 2:Khalifman vs Sveshnikov)

Endgame
Studied Standard Rook, pawn vs Rook…Remember Philidor/ Lucena.!



Image from http://www.motifake.com/31125

3 comments:

  1. Go read it on tablets. Better than printing out the whole book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and get an iPad not those crappy Android tablets :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have to quote Jimmy's "...Apple fanboy has spoken!" :)

    i do have an ipad but as good as i have none... i can only used it from midnight onwards, when my daughters sleep.:(

    Will give it a try one fine day...i mean, one fine midnight.

    ReplyDelete