Wednesday, May 2, 2012

KNOWING ME, KNOWING YOU...

Knowing me (Ilham)
Never really study endgames, save for a few very basic manouevre

Never really study my own games, the best is like run through the game through engines at blinding speed to see whether i missed any checkmate in three...most of my score sheets are everywhere around the house (below sofa, on computer table, inside dustbin, some could not even find its way to home...its everywhere except in a proper file where it belongs )

Study coffee house opening with high hopes of checkmating my opponent below 10 moves

Addicted to game that looks like chess, but more like F1 race..the objective of this game is to make as fastest moves as humanly possible...appropriately called Blitz.

Feels suffocate if cannot push f4 or g4 in middle game. Positional chess? That is coward way to win the game!

Knowing you (GM)
Endgame is your mother tongue

Dissect (autopsy) your own game...every single phase, single move of it...opening, middlegame, endgames, time management...recheck the analysis with Fritz, Rybka, Houdini to find the truth about the position...properly saved it in laptop, thumb drive, cloud for maybe later 'Disaster Recovery' retrieval

Study all type of opening especially those ‘standard’ openings

Prefer standard time control games...anything above allegro time control.

Familiar with both tactical and positional chess


Its very clear, it is time for me to change..to take chess more seriously...and systematically

.

No more carefree chess game
Silence ever after
Playing through an empty board, tears in my eyes
Here is where the story starts, this is a wake up

Knowing me, knowing you (ah-haa)
There is something we can do
Knowing me, knowing you (ah-haa)
We just have to face it, this time for real
Hardening up is never easy, I know but I have to try
Knowing me, knowing you
It's the best I can do

No comments:

Post a Comment